FETAC Level 5 Occupational First Aid (Three Day)
Location: Lawlors Hotel, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford
Description: FETAC Level 5, Three day Occupational First Aid Course. Price €275.00
This Course is scheduled to run over three Fridays: 8th, 15th & 22nd March 2013
Daily Times: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Occupational First Aid
Under the 2007 General Application Regulations all places
of work (whereas is defined necessary by risk
assessment) are to have at least one first aider present.
Course Duration Three days
Number of students Max 10
Learners who successfully complete this module will:
- Understand the responsibilities of the occupational first aider
- Be able to provide treatment for the purpose of preserving life or minimizing the consequences of injury until discharge or the arrival of medical assistance.
- Be able to provide treatment in the workplace for an injury which does not require the attention of a medical practitioner or nurse.
- Be capable of coordinating first aid arrangements in the workplace.
- Be familiar with health and safety legislation on first aid provision in the workplace.
During all lessons students will be given the opportunity to carry out various first aid tasks on each other.
Assessment, Accident Scene Management.
Circulation, Wounds and Bleeding. Assessment, Accident Scene Management.
Respiration, Asphyxia and introduction to Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (C.P.R.)
Students to practice CPR for morning of day 2
Fractures, sprains, strains and dislocations.
Burns and Scalds, Chemicals/Poisons, Electric Shock.
Medical Emergencies, Crush and Spinal Injuries
Morning to be used for revision both practical & theory
An external examiner will be brought in to assess the students the assessment will comprise of:
· Written assessment
· CPR assessment, where the students must perform CPR on a manikin
· Practical Assessment, Students will be given emergency situations where they must diagnose and promote recovery of the patient